Reports on Fullriver <span class="highlight">AGM</span> <span class="highlight">batteries</span>

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 11:47
ThreadID: 72836 Views:24342 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I have had an absorbed power AGM battery for 5 years now and it has lost quite a bit of capacity but given excellent service .
I have been browsing for a new battery and note that Fullriver batteries are now much cheaper than Absorbed Power ($299 on Ebay for a 105AH,vs $359 for a 90AH ,same size =N70)
I noted some time ago that Fullriver was "flavour of the Month". Is that still the case?
In the hindsight of time have the Fullrivers been good performers as a second battery under bonnet in a 4WD?

Coimments appreciated.
Regards Philip A
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mazcan barry - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:56

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:56
hi phillip A if u want my honest opinion i'd buy one the same as you had for 5yrs is good service
the fullriver may be ok but never heard of them and cheapness does'nt make a product reliable
sometimes there's big sales commission offered for selling some products but it still does'nt make them better in the long run
stick to what you know that always works for me being adventurious with the unknown can be more expensive in the long term ????? hey !!
AnswerID: 386116

Follow Up By: Rolly - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 16:41

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 16:41
".........the fullriver may be ok but never heard of them ......."

Time to visit the audiologist, perhaps.

They've been on the market and giving reliable service for quite a while now.
FollowupID: 653708

Follow Up By: mazcan barry - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 18:39

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 18:39
hi rolly
it appears that you guys in the east are buying so many fullriver battery thats why we dont see them in the west and there's nothing wrong with my audio system thank you, lol ,big mouth
FollowupID: 653720

Follow Up By: Member - John H (WA) - Thursday, Oct 08, 2009 at 12:05

Thursday, Oct 08, 2009 at 12:05
They've been available in the west for years as well - Challenge Batteries in Osborne Park are a common supplier.

Had one under the bonnet of my 70 series for a while with no issues.

John
FollowupID: 653810

Reply By: Member - Mark E (VIC) - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 13:17

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 13:17
Phil,

I have 2 Fullriver batteries, both AGM 120AH. I have had one for about 5 years, under-bonnet in my previous Disco and now in the Land Cruiser, without a problem and one sitting idle in the camper and used irregularly. The oldest one is also used irregularly to run fridge, radios and lights whilst camping and still seems to hold a decent charge.

I do give them a charge from a quality 240v multi stage charger occasionally and I think this helps with longevity.

I would recommend them, but have nothing to compare them with other than flooded wet cell deep cycles which i would never purchase again for under-bonnet use.

Cheers,

Mark

AnswerID: 386120

Reply By: TerraFirma - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 14:04

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 14:04
Fullriver batteries have served me well. I have them in various boats, and a vehicle, all for around 4 years so far without incident. Funny story was a ride on mower I have, was going through batteries every 12 months and I had an argument with the ride on people who blamed battery quality. I sourced a Full River AGM that was similar physically and used that, the mower people said it wouldn't work, well it has been 4 years and it is still going strong, I don't even charge it, it gets charged via the mower whenever I use it. Having said all that I would expect all good AGM batteries to so the same, not just Fullriver. I think Absorbed Power, Remco, Full River should all be acceptable.
AnswerID: 386132

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 16:56

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 16:56
We replaced our batteries with four 110 a/h Full Rivers last year. They are performing very well so far, and i hope we get as good a run as you have had. Worth the extra $$$s. If they let you down when out and about, you have to pay the price and get what is available at the time - not a good option. Nor is being stuck weeks away from anywhere with batteries and poor power.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 386155

Reply By: Boobook2 - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 19:14

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 19:14
I you get a Fullriver AGM, make sure it is the DC series. Twice as many cycle capacity as the others., Watch this when buying.
AnswerID: 386168

Reply By: Tony MD - Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 19:59

Wednesday, Oct 07, 2009 at 19:59
Had a Full 90ah (?) under the bonnet of my 1HZ powered Landcruiser. Died on the Anne Beadell / Connie Sue Hwy trip after nearly 2 years of use - not impressed.
Having since spoken with various battery suppliers, none of them recommended locating an AGM battery in the engine bay.
I have replaced it with a flooded type. I do / did condition them on the Ctek charger from time to time.
A concern with AGM batteries is their weight. In my case, it exceeded the rating of an ARB auxiliary battery cradle. The cradle split after first punching through the mounting point at the top of the wheel arch & ripping the captive nut out of the side guard.
Cheers, Tony
AnswerID: 386174

Sponsored Links